PUBLIC BOARD OF SECONDARY & HIGHER EDUCATION NEW DELHI
is conducting 8th standard, 10th standard and 12th standard courses
through Open Schooling System. The classes are conducted in two modes.
• Regular Mode
• Private Mode
The students can opt for any one of the following modes.
The students will have to attend regular classes which will be similar to regular schools. The time schedule for classes will be informed at the time of joining the course. 80% attendance is a compulsory requirement for these students. The exams will be conducted two times in a year and the date will vary according to the choice of board. After the completion of the exams, results will be announced around 1-2 months’ time. The mark sheets, passing certificate and migration certificate will be issued in 3 months’ time.
The students are not required to attend regular classes. This mode is mainly applicable for working people. Students are required to pay the fees and collect the books. Admit cards will be issued for exams and based on it they will have to appear for the exams.
Eligibility for Joining 8th Standard
1. 12 years completed as on 31st July of the Current Year.
2. Minimum 6th Standard Pass.
3. 7th Standard passed students
4. Failed students of 8th Standard
Eligibility for joining 10th Standard
1. 14 years completed as on 31st July of the Current Year
2. Minimum 8th standard pass
3. Failed students in 10th standard exams.
Note: In case, a student has not passed 8th standard or does not have proper passing certificate or documents, then he has to appear for Eligibility Examination for a nominal fee.
On passing the exam, he will become eligible for appearing for 10th standard
Exams. These exams are conducted according to the rules of the Board.
Eligibility for joining 12th Standard
1. 16 years as on 31st July of the Current Year.
2. Minimum 10th standard pass.
3. Failed students in 12th standard exams.
4. 11th passed students also can join 12th standard